• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Where does the amateur go for parts? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
First off, I am a newbie and thanks for letting me join this group. I've acquired a Hamilton H3 with a broken click spring. The movement is a DuRowe INT-7420/4, 7j signed 466 S.T. Co. I found information about this from a previousdiscussion in 2006 whereby Cary Hurt said a "click spring combo - flat" was available from Jules Borel for $7.50. This is still the case but I am not a registered watchmaker/jeweler so cannot purchase this from them. Bummer. So close but yet, so far.

Posts: 3 | Location: Belvidere, New Jersey in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2013
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
Robert I believe they will still sell to you. Did you try?

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
posted
Yes, I placed an online order and received an email that said: "Thank you for your recent order! We currently only provide service to wholesale watchmakers and jewelers. In order to process your order we will need your tax-exempt ID or business/sales license information. If you are interested in parts for your own watch, please contact a watchmaker or jeweler in your local area."

Now I ca imagine the response I would receive if I went into Zales or Kay Jewelers and asked if they would order a $7.50 arcane part from Jules Borel for me.

Posts: 3 | Location: Belvidere, New Jersey in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2013
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
One of the advantages to becoming a member of IHC is that you can post in the want to buy section.

It would be the best $12.00 or $1.00 a month that you every spent.

Let's see a Large drink at Mc Donalds went up it is no longer $1.00

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
posted
Thanks, I'm going to become a member!

IHC Member 1613
posted
Robert,
I find a lot of parts at www.dashto.com

Posts: 2006 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1514
posted
I GOT THE SAME MESSAGE FROM JULES BOREL,I CALLED THEM AND THEY MADE AN ACCOUNT FOR ME.

Posts: 73 | Location: Columbus, Ohio in the USA | Registered: December 29, 2010