WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Military Rolex Pocket Watch -- Worthwhile Example?? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted

Military Rolex PW -- Worthwhile Example??

Here is an auction for a Military Rolex Pocket Watch I thought looked like a cool watch, although it does have some condition issues.

I know next to nothing about this kind of watch, so I'm asking for opinions from those more knowledgeable. Is this something to go after, or pass up and wait for a nicer example?

Auction Image

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
If you like it, go for it Ed, but don't be surprised if passes $400 +++!
It'll no doubt suffer a rash of snipe bids at the end of auction too!

A lot of collectors are looking for these, and whilst it may look untidy, it's a runner, complete, and triple signed (Case Dial and Movement)with matching numbers!

Last but not least it's a Rolex! (Actually they're reworked Cortebert ebauche, Not Rolex manufacture)!

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
I must agree with John.

No big condition issues: New glass, clean and oil, remove the old lum from dial and hands. Not bad. If you are lucky, these minor issues will keep picky collectors from bidding it up too high Wink But don't bet on it! Eek

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
$621.11 USD at close of bids! ................. even way beyond my guestimate!

and ..... still showing the bidder ID, Oh for the good bad old days!

Must get mine finished Razz

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006