WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

WW2 era Longines British Royal navy deck watch H.S.3 "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1550
posted
Here we have a little Longines HS3. Lovely white dial with broad arrow mark and last four of movement serial number. Movement is marked with broad arrow and “B&Co” as well which is the Baume & Co mark.

I contacted the Longines archives for information regarding serial number 5759890. This was the response:

"Dear Mr. Payant,

Thanks for your email and interest into Longines watches.

Following your request, I have the pleasure to give you here below the information I found in our old hand-written registers:

The serial number 5’759’890 identifies a Lépine pocket watch in Stainless Steel.
It is fitted with a Longines manufacture caliber 19.71N, that was first produced in 1910, and has 16 jewels.
It was invoiced to Messrs.’ Baume, who were for many years our agent for the UK, on the 11.17.1939.

Hoping this information is convenient to you, I remain at your entire disposal for any additional information you may require.

Best regards,

Maximilien Galbarini
Brand Heritage Coordinator"

I would love to see more examples of this watch as I know there are plenty. Also would love to discuss and have these examples present for posterity on IHC 185. I hope all are well, regards. Mike. Thanks teacher Tom!

Posts: 495 | Location: Southcoast Massachusetts | Registered: May 13, 2010
IHC Member 1550
posted
Rear case

IHC Member 1550
posted
In deck box - Restored.

IHC Member 1550
posted
Movement - what a beautiful piece of working art. Watching these movements has always facinated me.

posted
That´s a beautiful watch Micheal, I wish it were mine!

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Gorgeous watch Michael, super clean movement.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Member 1550
posted
Thank you Ed, always nice to hear from you. I must give thanks to Raimond at Pauls Watch and Clock Repair in Sacramento CA for the wonderful job of bringing this piece back to life.

To Werner, you know anything can be had for the right price Wink Unfortunatly this one is already spoken for. Frown

Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Michael,
That watch sure is a beauty. I am especially drawn to old watches that are in the original boxes. I sometimes think I like the boxes more than the watches. Smile

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008