Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help with ID & value "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Defiantly a Military time piece with no ID Marking other than Military inscribing on the back of the case. At the bottom of the dial it says "Swiss Made"
It's a 16 s in a very heavy case. 3.1 OZ. I have not opened the case yet. It has a set screw to tighten or loosen the movement of the Bow. I can't see any method of snapping the case apart but at the same time I can not get it to screw off either, The unit works perfectly every time you push the stem.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Back side

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Back side again

posted
It´s an 10 second stopwatch, type A8, exactly as it says on the back, made by/for Wakmann watch Co.

MIL-W-6510-WATCH, STOP, NAVIGATION, TYPE A8

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of Donald Trumble
posted
Lindell tells us about his Waltham A-8 here...

Waltham Military Timepieces

And in this topic, Dave Abbe shows three A-8 versions...

A8 Military Stopwatch Question

Hope that is of help.

Don

Posts: 504 | Location: Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: April 02, 2005
posted
The Waltham A-8 timers that are in the linked threads are older ones - generally WW 2 era. Your Wakmann is a more recent one.

As for value you see prices for these all over the place, but in general they do not go for very much, even the older Walthams and Elgins.

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004
IHC Member 1550
posted
Hello Patrick,

Here is another great link to a topic related to your A8. Jim gives a great explaination of its use in the field. It also shows another earlier example by Waltham. Regards, Mike

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...0103944/m/3443956557

Posts: 495 | Location: Southcoast Massachusetts | Registered: May 13, 2010