• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Who made this piece? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Can anyone identify the maker? If we can, is there any chance of finding the missing winding wheel?

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
posted
Back

posted
Movement

posted
Unitas ? if so it wouldnt be difficult to find that wheel...what is the diametre of the mvmt? and primitive diametre of the missing wheel?
rgds
Enzo

Posts: 285 | Location: Rome, Italy | Registered: May 19, 2005
posted
Enzo:
I don't have proper measuring tools, but I put the diameter of the movement at 3.9 cm, and the wheel at .9 cm. I found a picture of a Unitas movement that is identical this one except for a slight difference in the curve of the center bridge. All screws and jewels match perfectly.

Jerry freedman

posted
Hallo Jerry,

good...i recognized the way the balance cock is made as the Unitas style so we are maybe on the right track ....now...39 mm divided by 2.22 gives 18 lignes which doesnt sound correct to me...can you disassemble the mvmt from the case and take the diametre with a caliper?
rgds

posted
I gave away all my tools, so I no longer fool around with movments. However, it will be taken apart soon. The movement looks to be 16 size.

Thanks

posted
Jerry,

ahhh,i see... that is a fewer hard to loose...anyhow i'll check my books and figure what size it could be and advise you.
If Unitas they are still around and it wouldnt be difficult to fix it.
rgds

posted
Jerry,

i ckd the whole Unitas production and they only made 17 and 19 lignes mvmts, either you chk around the bal cock for a ref number or you post the under-the-dial mvmt part. This will allow to identify the mvmt and order the proper part.
rgds

Enzo