• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Chelsea US Army Message center clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted

I am new here and thought I would show one of my favorite chelsea military clocks.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Hi Mike

Welcome to the IHC185! That is a nice looking Military clock, I have never owned one but I have always wanted one, is it an eleven jewel 8 day movement like the M1? Does it run?

I would enjoy seeing more photos?

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Nice to see the original wooden case with it.

Thanks for the image.

Best regards,

Greg

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
Sorry I was a little late in ansering this Tom and yes it does run in my chapter we have one of the best chelsea repair guy's Ron Bechler I have him do the work on all my chelsea's I only have three chelsea's they are the right size when you don't have a lot of space.The M2 is a 8 day it used a clelsea 12E movement 11 jewel detachable lever escapement with a 12 twelve jewel mounted in the fourth upper bridge,serving as a bearing for the lower fourth wheel pivot I guess making it a 12 jewel movement?And I like how it has the second time zone.And they started making this model the M-2 in 1943.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008