• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

WW2 pattern straps/bands "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi, I'd like obtain some pattern straps for some WW2 British watches, does anyone have pics of original straps fitted to:

RAF 6B/159/234/346/542
ATP

Rgds
Jim

Posts: 6 | Location: Richmond in the United Kingdom | Registered: December 02, 2007
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Over the years I have looked around for "as issued" straps for these watches. The straps on the watches I have examined could have been original or replacements - it's hard to tell. It may be that straps were not marked with a broad arrow, but in this I am only speculating.

One genuine band made and used in England in WWII was the "Bonclip." These would be acceptable on any of the above watches.

In the event anyone finds additional information I would be pleased to read more.

Best regards,
Greg

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
Hi Greg,

Yes the Bonklip is the only one I'm sure of, but they were only RAF....and I dont really want them anyway, its the leather and/or canvas types that interest me.

Rgds
Jim

Posts: 6 | Location: Richmond in the United Kingdom | Registered: December 02, 2007