Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Seikosha WWII Military Wristwatch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hallo,

having submitted the question sraight to Seiko, this is the answer i obtained for your eventual follow-up.
tnks rgds
enzo

Please find the following points which we could obtain about your watch.

1. We do not have any data concerning SEIKO's production for German Military.
2. We are not sure whether "SEIKO logo" on the dial is genuine or not.
3. Movement seems to be "Type 10" of our movement.

We hope these informations are useful to you.

Regards,

unquote

Posts: 285 | Location: Rome, Italy | Registered: May 19, 2005
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Seiko does not appear to express much interest in it's early products. I have been informed there are no parts available, etc. At least they told you which movement model is in your watch, that's a step in the right direction. I would assume the dial is an original, though the script is different from any I have noticed so far.

Posts: 1983 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
Hallo Greg,
i am more happy for your post that the Seiko answer itself but that's life! Infact I posted it for matter of mental honesty but it did not help much unfortunately still it is another brick to the understanding.
Anyway I went back and inspected the dial to the best of my knowledge and the Seiko logo is buried in the porcelain and not applied later.
I will now proceed to fix the balance staff and make it wearable and post new pics in the hope that somethings will pop up to know better.
tnks rgds
Enzo

posted
Interesting story about this watch Enzo and great reserch all people involved are doing too.Sure would be nice if watches could talk and tell us what happened to them.
Sorry about my ignorance with wrist watches, they almost all look swiss to me.
Hoping not to offend others too. Smile

posted
Hi Kevin,
those are the cases were little watchmaking capability is poured into but more of historical efforts are involved.
Unfortuately not all of them reach an reasonable explanation and i suspect that will be one of these, as you said watch cannot talk! Smile
tnks rgds
enzo

posted
quote:
Reply to Post

Hallo,
couple of interesting links useful to better understand this 'phenomena' were found!
I will post them as soon as possible,
tnks rgds
enzo