• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Gallet MultiChron Astronomic Chronograph "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have had this old thing since my dad passed away, never cared to look into it...now that I did can anyone tell me how to tell if its fake?
its nice, heavyweight and impressive to see all the gears but the name gallet on the watches front has font like the Gallet Excel-O-Graph Chronograph (1965) -professional pilot's wristwatch and not like the MAC. Inside the back it says gallet&co 999
jxr..maybe? And unadjusted..anything else is to small to read.
any help would be great
the pics are horrible I know. But I am new to snapping pics of watchesand its not as easy as it sounds!
thanks
here is a link to pics watch

Mindy

Posts: 5 | Location: Missouri in the USA | Registered: October 14, 2011
posted
Hi Mindy,
your link leads to a required password Photobucket account! so no pictures to be seen!...and i would really love to see the chronograph. Smile

I have a Precista which was issued by the British Royal Air Force, which has a Gallet marked movement

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
posted
Sorry! Fixed it

Mindy

posted
Here are a couple of the photos copied from Mindy's photobucket album. Most of the other photos are too fuzzy to see much.

Hi Mindy, I am not seeing anything to suggest this is a military timepiece. It appears to be a nice multifunction wristwatch that would have been sold commercially to the public. Are there any markings on the back of the case?

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004
posted
That is a very nice watch, but not military and I doubt whether it´s a fake. I for one, would be more than happy if I had it in my collection. Are you thinking of selling it?

Regards

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Nice 3 register chronograph with triple date and moon phase. movement looks to be Valjoux. Not in any way fake and to the contrary, great Swiss quality and rare to boot!

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
posted
On the inside of the back it says gallet&co 999 and stainless
so its not millitary, but it is a astronomic chronogragh made by gallet?
why is the typeface of gallet that's on the face diffrent from every picture I've gotten to on the internet?
All the others have gallet in very square blocky letters and mine is very curvy?
If I get better pictures and contact gallet they could tell me why my typeface is diffrent from every pic I've seen of one?
well I guess it dosent get the 6.99 band from the department store.
thank you I really appreciate your help.
no thank you, even if it didn't work I couldn't sell it dad kept it so will I.
thanks. Again!

Mindy

IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
The functions are as follows: 3 register chronograph allows you to time any event from a few seconds up to 12 hours, independent of the timekeeping of the watch. Also indicates date, day of the week, month (which must be set manually) and phase of the moon.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
posted
Okay its not a fake, so they made the same watch look differently?
Im sorry for the questions but I thought they made two kinds the gold and the stainless...why the small difference of the lettering?

Mindy