• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Air Ministry 6B/159 watches - hackable? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Does anyone know if the Air Ministry standard pilot/navigator watches of the MkVII series (particularly Omega - mvt cal. 30 T2 SC) were hackablE, please? Thank you for any/all help!

Mike

Posts: 24 | Location: Spokane, Washington in the USA | Registered: January 30, 2010
posted
I have a early 6B/234 that stated off as a 6B/159 but it was a Waltham and did not hack and some one I know at the MWR forum I ask the same thing and he said the early 6B/159 did not hack mine is cir.1940 the later one's might be hackable.What the issue date on your back cover.And photo's could help.Some one smarter than me I hope might help you better than me.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
Thank you for your thoughts, Mike. I'm really asking in the generic sense, but my MkVII, an Omega, does not hack (its AM serno. on the case is an 'A' number, not dated, though I understand the mvt serno. puts it in '43). Theory put forward by a pal expert in RAF flight gear is that 6B/156 watches did not hack, and that stopwatches were used in the event such precision was required (a friend who was RAF aircrew during the war concurs). An RCAF Waltham A-11 I have (case/mvt '42 dated) does hack. Thank you again for the info, Mike.

Mike

Posts: 24 | Location: Spokane, Washington in the USA | Registered: January 30, 2010
posted
Mike
The waltham I have has a model 870 movement 18 jewel movemrent in a dennison case it was made I think before the A-11 entery into WW2 so it had the same spec's as any 6B/159 in 1940 a rare one that I am still having a hard time finding more about.There only one other forum member that has one made like mine that I PM at another forum and found out a little about it.
Mike

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
Thank you for the additional, Mike. Seems Dennisons are notoriously difficult to find out much about, those with unsigned movements almost impossible. Is the face of yours signed, or just the movement? Thank you again,

Mike

posted
Hi again, Mike. Sorry, saw your string on the Waltham. Very nice watch - good catch! That the face is signed makes such Walthams a bit unusual among Dennisons, I think. Very nice.

Mike