Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Introduction "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi Guys,
Just joined your excellent forum so I thought I would take the opportunity to briefly introduce myself.

I have been collecting and restoring military watches and clocks for many years as a hobby. The opportunity to take early retirement from my job as a Marine Engineer a few years ago gave me the impetus to build my new workshop and indulge in my horological passions full time. My main interest is with military timepieces from the WW2 era and specially those of the German Armed Forces.

Here is a photo of some watches which I have recently had in the workshop. Major favorites of mine are the large B-Uhr watches which were used by the Luftwaffe, the examples shown are from Lange & Söhne, Wempe and IWC :-

Posts: 6 | Location: Plymouth, United Kingdom | Registered: September 28, 2012
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
A warm welcome to the forum Andrew! And a rather impressive first image you have provided. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Best regards,
Greg

Posts: 1948 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Welcome aboard Andrew!

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Welcome Andrew, very nice watches you have there.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
Hi Guys
Thank you for the very warm welcome - I look forward to being part of your forum. Regards, Andy

Posts: 6 | Location: Plymouth, United Kingdom | Registered: September 28, 2012
posted
Hi andy,
good to see you here, here´s one of mine of which I´ve just taken a few shots of.
Also a couple of pictures of navigators, who used these watches, note how cramped they were at their navigation table. There is a myth still on the internet saying some used the watches strapped to their leg, which is humbug, there wasn´t the space or the need for it!
Laco,

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009