• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Just got a Olongapo bracelet for my seiko 6105 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
A lot of you mite be wondering why I posted this in the military section.When is the US Navy when I was in the Phillippines at Subic Naval Base there was this town across from the base called Olongapo in that town they made this bracelet that they sold to the military you would put your rate,rank,what branch of the military you were in.I was to busy doing what sailors do when they are in there 20's to get one.Well at another forum some body from the Phillippines was selling them so I ordered one for my Seiko 6105 diver it's in the shop so I will post photo's of the watch on the bracelet later but here is the bracelet.

The crossed anchor's is for my rate Boatwains Mate the other NEC 9533 small craft pin I got when in Special Boat Unit Eleven.And I guess you know why they call it a Olongapo bracelet it's named for the town were it was made.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Mike,

Very nice touch. Can you tell what one might ecpect to pay for a bracelet like this?

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
posted
Steve 125.00 plus shipping at the PX at the MWR forum here is a link for were to order one.
http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26080
Would of been cheaper to buy one when over there.But cheaper than flying over there to get one he did do good work on it all hand made.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
Here is the watch that is going on the bracelet when it get's out of the shop it's getting a service and a new crystal.

Seiko 6105 Diver

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Excellent workmanship. A band to be proud of.

At one time, and maybe even now, a watch band such as this would be known as "trench art."

Thank you for sharing the images.

Best regards,
Greg

Posts: 1983 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
Just got my Seiko back with a new crystal and service here it is with the Olongapo bracelet on it.

The last photo the back ground is Olongapo out of my cruise book when on the USS Proteus AS-19.