• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Seiko Gen 2 RAF Chronograph "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I Found out that Seiko made a issue military watch for the RAF a Gen 1 and a Gen 2.The Gen 1 has a better movement they both have Quartz movements but the Gen 1 has a 15 jewel quartz movent and 3 pusher's.And the Gen 2 has a none jewel quartz movement with 2 pusher's but with date.Well I found a Gen 2 it's now coming from England I am a big seiko fan and I collect military now I got the best of both worlds in one watch.This one was issued in 1997 here are some seller's photo's.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
Here is a cool web site I found with lots of info on the Seiko RAF Chrono.
http://www.freewebs.com/foggy6...ikointheukforces.htm

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
Recieved it to day.

posted
Hi again, Mike. Very cool find. I've thought about getting one of these guys but am concerned about the maintainability. Any sense of that, please? Also, in your experience, what seems a fair price currently for examples of either generation in excellent or better condition? Many thanks in advance.

Mike

Posts: 24 | Location: Spokane, Washington in the USA | Registered: January 30, 2010
posted
The gen one goes for more money that's why I got the Gen.two I did a post at the MWR fourm asking for info on these and I was thinking about buying one.And some one PM me and gave me a fair price.Any thing RAF now sell's for Big bucks.I think it was around 325.00 the gen one goes close to 500.00.They are quartz and if you have a problem no body want's to touch them so do your home work and ask that it's in top shape.Mine had a problem with the 24 hrs dial it was a few hour's ahead.all the other hands you can use the pusher's for resetting the hands.Not the 24hrs so my watch maker had to remove the movement then pull the hand off and put it back on at the right time.Well it some how got a little ahead agian.The seller's a good guy from England he gave me a 100.00 back so 225.00 not a bad deal.Every thing else work's plus the 24hrs on the dial with my old eye's I can't see it any way.

posted
Many thanks, Mike - very helpful. Cheers,

Mike

Posts: 24 | Location: Spokane, Washington in the USA | Registered: January 30, 2010