WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Does anyone recognize this Canadian post WWII watch? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Dave Keefe
posted
Hi all, I was wondering if someone might be able to identify where this watch was issued from, or what organization provided them. The watch belonged to my late father in law, a Canadian who served in the First Special Services Force, a joint US-CDN WWII unit that became known as the Devil’s Brigade. Some of you may have seen the movie with William Holden. The case measures 31mm, excluding the crown. My guess is that this watch is from the Canadian Legion, but maybe it was from some other organization or event. Thank you in advance for any clues you may have.

Dial

Posts: 92 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: November 24, 2020
posted
Dr. Google says that’s a Canadian army logo.

Posts: 124 | Location: Ottawa in Canada | Registered: December 21, 2012
Picture of Dave Keefe
posted
LOL, funny enough, I never thought to look that up Razz

Thank you!

Posts: 92 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: November 24, 2020
posted
My initial thought is to ask whether this is a military issued watch or something that was a private purchase, perhaps in a PX or such. Are there any military markings and serial numbers and such on the back of the case that might indicate that it was issued to a soldier by the Canadian Army?

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004