Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

MiG Aircraft clocks "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Lansen Conley
posted
Can anyone give me an idea how much a MiG-17 or MiG-21 aircraft clock is worth?

Lansen Conley

Posts: 4 | Location: United States Air Force | Registered: September 01, 2007
posted
ebay is full of so called "mig" aircraft clocks at the moment at prices from about $79 to $150 ish.....i fancy one for christmas myself......

Posts: 7 | Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada. | Registered: August 22, 2007
Picture of Lansen Conley
posted
Neil
Thanks. Those prices track with what I found them for here. Of course, here it depends on how hard I negoitiate! The ones I've seen here work but the case paint is worn/chipped and they probably need to be cleaned -

Lansen Conley

Posts: 4 | Location: United States Air Force | Registered: September 01, 2007
posted
That sounds a little high to me so I just took a quick look. Depending on the model and the seller, they start at under $50 for a nice one and go up to about $110 for the fanciest ones.

One thing to keep in mind is that most of the ones for sale on Ebay never came near an aircraft. If the Soviet Union had just a fraction of a percent of the number of MIGs that you see clocks for sale on Ebay and other places they would have won every war they entered within a few days. At its height the Soviet airforce had only about 3000 jet fighter aircraft of all types. I understand that the original Russian clock factories have continued to make these for general sale which is what you normally see on Ebay.

All of that aside, for those kinds of prices I think these are very nice clocks that are made to the high standards and designs of military aircraft clocks and would make a nice desk top timepiece.

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
I agree with Jim. They are rather nice clocks and not all that expensive.

For a better collectors item, I would suggest looking for an older Soviet aircraft clock, say with WWII dates.

Come to think of it, to buy one with a scratched up case in Afganistan is to purchase an actual war relic. Not a bad option.

Best regards,
Greg

Posts: 1983 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
I think i was adding the postage in with the ebay prices...$28 from Ukrane to Canada.

I know these clocks seem to be new old stock..and have never been in a jet in there lives apart from the trip from the seller to you.....but at the price they would make a great everyday timepiece..and talking point..some of them even come mounted in stands of varying levels of tackyness......i fancy the plexiglass one !!!

Posts: 7 | Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada. | Registered: August 22, 2007
posted
I also really like those thick, layered plexiglas stands some of these come in - especially the ones made from colored plexiglas. To my eye those deco style stands remind me of the old Soviet Union where so many designs did not keep up with the rest of the world.

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004