• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Elgin WW2 Aircraft clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Here is my elgin A-11 aircraft clock and thanks to David giving me a needed part this would not be a working clock.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
I really like these A-11 aircraft panel clocks. All of the makers of them during the war really built them to last. Could you post a photo of the data plate on the back of its case?

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004
posted
Jim the plate is missing from the back.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
I really like the 8-day clocks made by Elgin and Waltham. They had 2 big mainsprings. Even if one breaks the clock will still run.

Roger

Posts: 1078 | Location: Ticonderoga, New York USA | Registered: March 01, 2008
posted
Actually they only had one mainspring in the Waltham A-11 as well as the Elgin with mostly the 562 grade movement. The only A-11 I know of with 2 mainspring barrels is a Wittnauer.

I've overhauled all the US ones of that era and the Wittnauer is my favorite due to its rugged movement. The Lemania's that are in so many planes are my least favorite as the escape wheel pivots are way to fragile for the application.

Posts: 5 | Location: Dallas, Georgia in the USA | Registered: August 11, 2014