Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Elgin Canteen case. "Click" to Login or Register 
Life Member
posted
I may purchase an Elgin Canteen watch with a 647 movement. It doesn't have a dust cover. I'm wondering if all star cases had dust covers. Does anyone know? Should I consider it to be a "big deal" if the cover is missing?
Dave

Posts: 60 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: April 13, 2009
posted
All Elgin And Hamilton Canteen watches were issued with a dust cover. Not a big deal, but not totally correct watch. You should be able to find one. Post a need for one on the broadarrow.net forum.

Posts: 785 | Location: Tijeras, New Mexico USA | Registered: July 12, 2005
posted
Need a dust cover I got a few.And these were made by elgin got a box of them off ebay a few years ago.Let me know if you want one free no charge.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
Life Member
posted
Thanks Ernest and Mike.

Mike, when the watch arrives, I'll see what I got. There seems to be some confusion as the seller didn't know what a dust cover looked like. If it is missing, I would love to talk to you more.
Thanks again.
Dave

posted
Came across this post, as I'm in midst of building an Elgin canteen and tracking down a few parts at moment. Mike, do you happen to have any dust covers still? It's one part I'm needing.

No idea what it will be like for me to find an external crown cover and it's "chain".

Thanks in advance!

Tim

Posts: 29 | Location: Milton, Ontario in Canada | Registered: May 23, 2006
posted
Tim email sent about dust cover.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
Thanks Mike!

Tim

Posts: 29 | Location: Milton, Ontario in Canada | Registered: May 23, 2006
Life Member
posted
Hi Mike.

I just saw this post that I started a while back. I wanted to thank you for your offer you made a while ago. The watch I bought ended up having a dust cover. Your offer was very generous and I wanted to thank you again.

Dave