• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

bundeswehr stopwatch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
hi i have a bundeswehr stopwatch. and i would like to know who it was issued to .. the back is marked 6645-12-146-3648, bundeswehr.
the front is marked junghans meister. has 15 jewels. has min, sec. and 1/10 sec. i think it may have been made in the 1950's?
bob

Posts: 2 | Location: Willoughby Ohio in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2007
posted
Hi Bob,

the second group in the Nato code -12- identifies Germany as the Nato Country that assigned the Nato code and for the first time introduced such an item in the Nato supply system chain,

Bundeswehr means German Federal Armed Forces,

by the progressive third and fourth group of number it is possible to date the late 60' (i.e. 67').

It was a general purpouse precision three dials timer assigned to various lab' and field' usages to various branches of Gvmt Armed Forces.

Naturally having it been given a Nato number such type of timer could have been procured by any Nato country but that particular one is German ownership.

rgds

Enzo

Posts: 285 | Location: Rome, Italy | Registered: May 19, 2005
posted
Hi Enzo.
I want to thank you for you help. in answering my questions. About the bundeswehr stopwatch.
Regards
bob

Posts: 2 | Location: Willoughby Ohio in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2007
posted
Bob,

my pleasure!

rgds

enzo

Posts: 285 | Location: Rome, Italy | Registered: May 19, 2005