Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

serial numbers on the model 22 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
PREVIOUS TOPIC: https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...0103944/m/1343934677

could anyone tell me ,is it possible to find out the s.n. on the movement of a model 22 via the s.n. located on the back base plate ?

is there any way to find out the s.n. on the movement besides removeing the back base plate ?

Posts: 14 | Location: Florida in the USA | Registered: December 25, 2012
posted
Larry, where´s the problem in unscrewing the back off. I just did it to my two, gimbaled and PW style, it took me 30 seconds?

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
posted
werner,my problem is i have several model 22's i acquired that came to me in the sealed hamilton factory shipping boxes.i personally broke the seal on one to inspect the piece within as you would expect the watch inside was pristine condition like the day it was packaged.the s.n.'s on the back plate match the s.n. on the shipping box label. i would like to offer the piece in the sealed box for sale at auction,intact in the sealed factory shipping box.i would however like to know the s.n. on the movement before i do so.that is why i want to know if there is any way to get the s.n. on the movement via the s.n. on the back plate.

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Larry I belive the answer is no, the serial number marked on the case is a government serial number and no records have ever been located to explain the number.

Here is a link to a past post that has some photos of the case backs with the government's serial numbers & then photos of the actual movement number. There is nothing similar in either number.

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...363921167#1363921167

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
thank you for the reply tom!

posted
Hi Larry, Tom is right with his explaination, there is no connection between the serial Nr. on the caseback and the movement Nr. Do you have a picture of the boxes somewhere?

Regards

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
posted
werner,i am in the process of trying to get pictures on the ihc 185 website.in the mean time if you go to the military timepiece discussion forum go serial numbers model 22 click on the link that tom brown provided.it leads to other links that show examples of the hamilton shipping boxes i refer to,also thanks for the reply.