Tools
Reply to Post

WW2-RCN-Royal-Canadian-Navy-Deck-Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Sergeant at Arms
Picture of Scott A. Whittey
posted
http://www.ebay.com/itm/rare-W...&hash=item4ab17ca28b
what do the experts think? first one that I have come upon.

Posts: 293 | Location: California City, California USA | Registered: May 05, 2005
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Scott,
I am not an expert, but the watch serial number falls within the range of gold washed #478 movements that Elgin made for the US government. Although all of them were 21 jewel movements.

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Hi Scott; Third one I've seen ,Serial #300 or
#200 ,I forget exactly which, sold maybe 6 months ago on eBay for $500-600,and I have # 700 which I have illustrated here with movement serial #41428368. All three of these were 17 jewel, though I do not know if all issued watches were 17 jewel. In WW2 we had one of the largest navies in the world. I priced it according to that sale , and the crystal issue and the tricky back Wink It's a far nicer looking back than mine but for originality's sake I won't change it!!!

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
My good friend John Pinto of Montreal bought the RCN deck watch, and also joined IHC185 tonight , and Jeff Branum took a life membership ,so I gained us 2 new buddies in 4 weeks Big Grin and I'd like to welcome them to IHC185

IHC Member 1550
posted
Congrats on the sale and new friends Tom!

Welcome John and Jeff to the IHC 185 family! Good friends and maybe some good answers to questions too!

Tom you must show me the correct case to the Longines deck watch Werner told everyone about....please! I'll show you another leg photo if you do......ha ha. M

Posts: 495 | Location: Southcoast Massachusetts | Registered: May 13, 2010
posted
Thak you, Tom for telling me of the IHC, and Michael for the kind welcome. I am already thrilled to be a member! I look forward to learning more, and pursuing my interests, in this great field of horology, and of course, making some new friends.

JOHNHPINTO

Posts: 38 | Location: Quebec in Canada | Registered: December 29, 2011