Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bulova A17 wrist watch "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted

Any way to figure out when my Bulova A17 was made?

Regards !Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
Here is a web site with dating bulova starting at 1948 the date on the back cover is proberly close most likely 1959 check this site then check your movement they used a letter code for date's.Let me know if there is a L9 on movement for 1959.
http://www.thewatchguy.com/pages/BulovaSerial.html

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Yep, L9 right by the winding wheel!

THANK you Mike! So, mine is a 1959 graduate! COOL!

MUCH appreciated! Smile

HIGH regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
The AF-59 included in the MFR. Serial No. line indicates the date; 1959.

Kind regards,

Billy

Posts: 23 | Location: Gallup, New Mexico U.S.A. | Registered: February 25, 2005
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
I kind of figured it had to be somewhere in all that numerical/alphabet soup on the back cover, but I sure couldn't spot it. Confused

Thanks, William!

Regards! Mark

posted
The AF-XX in the serial number where XX is normally the last two digits of the year of the procurement the contract. The date of an actual timepiece with such a number is norally that year, but it can sometimes be a year or two afterwards if there were a series of deliveries under the contract. For your watch they are one and the same which is what is commonly found.

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004