Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Editia Prima Wristwatch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello,
I am brand new to the forum, and I find it a excellent site, and I look forward to being able to contribute.
However my first posting is asking for information.
I have what appears to be a military watch, 40mm case, blue steeled hands, white dial, black markers, the movement is marked EDTIA PRIMA and looks to be of reasonable quality.
I am hoping one of the members may have some information,
Thankyou Peter.

Posts: 9 | Location: Near Liverpool in the United Kingdom | Registered: May 17, 2011
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
I blew it up and it is Editia Prima is it not Confused

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
posted
Sorry I got the spelling wrong, it is EDITIA.
PETER.

Posts: 9 | Location: Near Liverpool in the United Kingdom | Registered: May 17, 2011
posted
Hi Peter. Could you please add closeup photos of the dial and the markings on the back of the case? I see no military markings on the movement but often they are only on the dial and back of the case.

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004
posted
quote:
Editia Prima

Peter seems to be asking that same question on all sites for the last couple of years...and then never to be seen again Big Grin
Editia wristwatch
« Thread Started on Jun 17, 2007, 5:53pm »

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
posted
Hi,
I have asked the same question on several sites, but as yet have never really received any information.
I am a avid collector of watches and small timepieces. I cannot lay claim to really loving any particular kind of make and I collect on a basis if I like it I will buy it, however I do lean towards Military pieces, Chronographs and I do really like Seiko, also I find WW1 trench watches fascinating especially if they have inscriptions as I find this a great way to understanding the history of the watch.
I am more of a reader on the forums and I do not post a lot I like to look at members comments and pictures and of course I learn a lot from the forums as there are a lot of knowlegable people out there.
Thankyou Peter.

posted
Could you please post photos of the dial and the back of the case? If there are no markings from a particular country's military, then this would be a civilian watch and if so this could be a reason why information does not seem to be available from military timepiece collectors. If there are military markings then that could help people on this forum who specialize in military timepieces nail this down and provide helpful information.

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004