Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

A8 Military Stopwatch Question "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1016
posted
I saw this A8 Military Stopwatch on ebay and know nothing of such things.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Hi Mike,

Here is a 2004 topic "Waltham Military Timepieces" where I shared my "Waltham Type A-8 Bomb Timer" and what you found is the Elgin version. Check out my description and images, they are fascinating items!

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 1016
posted
I had read that thread and a few others Lin. Thanks for posting it. I don't know a good deal if one bites my leg, but this looks reasonable to a guy who knows nothing of such things. Does the box enhance the value like it would if it were a pocket watch?

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I just sold this "NIB" 1945 Vintage Elgin A8 (I opened it!) for about $180.00 . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Which is more collectible . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Or the most valuable . . . "Wanna Bet?"

IHC Member 1016
posted
I think these are neat, but, if I start collecting military watches as well.....well!