• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Marine Chronometer "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
This may not be military, but this seems to be a good place for this.

A one day chronometer dated to 1828 by the Curator at the Greewich Observatory.

Number 124 by John Heron of Greenock,Scotland. I thought Tom Brunton would like to see this.

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
posted
Movement

posted
More movement.

posted
Again more movement.

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Thank you very much for the post ,Jerry, it's just lovely and I enjoyed seeing it very much,having been born in Inverness Scotland long long ago!!! Wink Having three family members lost at sea through enemy action in WW2, and one in WW1 , all without a proper burial in a known place, I am linked to the sea and sailors by my family's very souls ,those of my mother's brother, my granny's brother ,my granda's brother,and my granny's sister's son,all of them my lifelong heroes. Smn. Hugh MacAngus,WW1 minesweeper Dhoon,Smn Donald (Dan) MacAngus,HMS Royal Oak 1939,Smn. Alexander MacAngus
,1940,Minesweeper Fleming H-2,Boatswain Donald (Dan) Tarrel,1943,SS Baron Dechmont of Ardrossan, handsome lads one and all. My great uncle Hugh never got to see his daughter Christina,but I did!!!.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009