• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

French Military Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
This is an interesting piece that stamps the month, date, hour, and minute on something. It is a platform escapement powered by two huge spring barrels in much the same manner as the setup of the IBM time clocks. I intend to put this on eBay once a friend of mine in France gives me a translation of what it says. Thought some of you might be interested in seeing it.

Posts: 353 | Location: Nichols, New York in the USA | Registered: April 04, 2010
posted
Clock out of case

Posts: 353 | Location: Nichols, New York in the USA | Registered: April 04, 2010
posted
Escapement

posted
Dial

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
hi Ken;I'm not able to enlarge your pictures and they are very small, regards,Tom

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
posted
Tom, I have replaced.

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
The pictures are better Ken but still smaller than optimal on the site. The clock is for sure a time punch clock,as they were used by the military as well as in factories and offices. It is newer but roughly like one that I have that was out of the Finlay-Glover Fish Company of Port Stanley Ontario. You put your card in and activated the punch mechanism,to print the time ,date , and place on the card

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
posted
Tom, I am still trying to find the optimal picture size. What size are the pictures that you post? When I first attempted to post a picure, I got a warning that the size exceeded what was allowed on the site.

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
mine currently are 640 x 480 pixels jpeg and that is the recommended site picture size

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Ken,

Tom is correct that images should be 640 x 480 pixels.

Everyone, please do remember that some members have dial-up connections and "super-sized" images either take forever to load or may never load.

Thanks,

Debbie

Smile

Posts: 5206 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002