WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Could someone help with a possible value on this Military Timepiece "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of David Flegel
posted
On the movement Is the name B.W. Raymond, 22 jewels, Temperature, adjusted 5 positions, serial number 41758817 which I belive makes it about 1941. On the back of the case
AN-5740
MFRS-PARTNO-1790
CONT NO W535-AC-37880
SER. NO AF-43-7175
ELGIN
ON THE FACE GCT

The movement does not say Elgin, so because the back does I assume it is Elgin.

Posts: 1212 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: February 06, 2012
Picture of David Flegel
posted

Picture of David Flegel
posted

IHC Member 1550
posted
Hello David,

I have one as well. It should say Elgin Natl Watch Co USA where mine is located in the photo. Price and value of these determine what is available in the market but on an average between $250-$400 depending on condition. Hope this helps you but I am sure there are other opinions on the subject as well. Mike
If the "Elgin" markings are not there maybe the war effort needed these peices quicker and the "Elgin" name was just not done to have these pieces enter service all the faster. Not sure

Posts: 495 | Location: Southcoast Massachusetts | Registered: May 13, 2010
Picture of David Flegel
posted
Found the Name right where you said it would be. Missed it the first time.
Thanks

posted
Michael has given you good information, as always. One small thing I might add about condition, the legibility of the data on the back is part of the condition. Sometimes these have been carried in a pocket for so many years, or someone has decided to 'polish it up to make it nice and smooth and shiny' to the point where this data is hard to read or is gone. This data is an important part of its being a military timepiece.

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004