WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Ship's Chronometers and Chronometer Watches "Click" to Login or Register 
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Here's a couple photographs taken at our Calgary Chapter Watch and Clock show in May. Doug Sinclair and I displayed our Hamilton Chronometers and Chronometer watches with the movements and dials showing, also on display on the top shelf is an Elgin-Hamilton elapsed time clock.

Larry Buchan

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Here's a second photo of the Hamilton military timepieces.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Very nice display of chronometers Larry, i sure wish i had one.
Did most watch companies make these Larry?
Is this a sz 22 movement? Smile

IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Larry,

Thanks so much for sharing! You and Doug have some nice examples to be very proud of!

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
Picture of Sam Williamson
posted
Those Hamilton ship's chromos are to die for...and if I bought one I WOULD die,the wife just doesn't understand! Frown

Sam Williamson

Posts: 618 | Location: Northwestern Florida in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 27, 2002
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Larry, one day I hope to own one like these. What sort of markings do they have? Any broad arrows or USN stamps?

Thanks for the post!

Greg

Posts: 1983 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
Picture of Tom McIntyre
posted
I believe the Model 21 is 85 size and the model 22 is 35 size.

If you would like to see detailed pictures of these and other chronometers you might consider browsing the chronometer collection at www.awco.org/chronometers

Posts: 633 | Location: Boston, Massachusetts USA | Registered: November 25, 2002
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Thanks Tom, an excellent link.

Best regards,
Greg

Posts: 1983 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002