Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

New Watch To Fix: 4992B "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Hello all,
Well here I go again. I recently purchased this 4992B on that Auction site and now I will be fixing up another fine Hamilton watch.
From the first glance it does need parts but I have been in contact will Larry C. and he seems to think he has all the parts I need. Time will tell.
I don't have it yet so not much to tell you about it.
Like the 992B that I recently posted on here this will be a bit of a journey so I will try to post pictures of the watch through the fix.

Cheers for now
Gary

Posts: 340 | Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: September 10, 2009
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
next 2

Posts: 340 | Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: September 10, 2009
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Next 3

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Update,
Well after getting the watch in my hands I took it apart and worked out what was needed.
The list is long but not as bad as the 992B I recently brought back to life.
I have been in contact with Larry Crutsinger and arranged the parts needed to get it working again.
I will keep you informed as to its progress (which will be in about 2 weeks time when the parts arrive).
Cheers
Gary

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Great project, I look forward to hearing more about it.

Posts: 1960 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
It looks like you have a fun project to keep you busy for a while. And thank you for rescuing this one from the back of someone's sock drawer or wherever it was languishing and renewing its life as it was back during the war. Saving a bit of history like this is a great cause.

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Thank you gents,
Yes I tend to gravitate toward the tired and forgotten watches.
It will be nice to bring it back to life again.

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Hi All,
Received the parts last night from Larry C. now to fit them and see if I can get it running again.
I will post pictures of the build soon.
Gary

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Hello All,
Job done and another fine Hamilton lives.
Many thanks to Larry C. for all of his help with the parts.
Cheers
Gary

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Movement

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Back

posted
Nice save Gary!
Paul

Posts: 317 | Location: Florida in the USA | Registered: December 07, 2009
posted
Very nicely done! I am also happy to see that you did not try to polish the back very much since the markings there are so important to the military history of the watch.

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Jim,
I never touched the case and have left it alone.
I don't think polishing it would be beneficial as it has rubbed through.

Cheers
Gary