Internet Horology Club 185
E Howard Plaque (need information)

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9886029761/m/9551024022

December 05, 2006, 02:35
Sheila Gilbert
E Howard Plaque (need information)
Hi,
I purchased a Seth Thomas watch, and the seller included a plaque with it from E Howard & Co.

Since Clint mentioned that the other one listed by the same seller was a Clock plaque, I thought I would list it here for you to see, and tell me about it if you can.

I says:

E. Howard & Co.
Purchaser Vernon L. Woodrum
Address Hudson Ohio
Model No. 10
Serial No. 71
Purchased July 6, 1976
Completed Nov. 8, 1976
Final Inspection November 12, 1976
E. Howard & Co.
D J Blackwell Chief Engineer

E Howard Plaquew

Sheila
December 05, 2006, 21:44
Tom Seymour
That is a plaque from one of the Howard "Re-issues"
Note the purchase date in 1976.

Tom
December 06, 2006, 07:50
John Arrowood
If anyone has access to the issues of the Mart from the mid-1970's they might be able to find an announcement of the availability of the Howard "re-issues" for sale and points of contact for purchase.
December 06, 2006, 16:49
Tom Seymour
I saved the Bulletins from then. but not the Marts. I had one of re-issues, and wished I hadn't had to part with it.

Tom
December 31, 2006, 16:32
Andy Dervan
Hello Sheila,

Check with the library - they might have saved old Marts. You know that timing was 1976-1978.

You might consider selling the plaque on ebay the person who own # 71 would really like to have the original sales plaque...

Andy Dervan
December 31, 2006, 18:47
Jerry Treiman
I used to have all of my old marts, but a few years ago pared it down to one or two from each year. With a quick look I found a front page ad in the July 1977 Mart from Howard Clock Products at 256 Charles St. in Waltham. The ad is more of an announcement for E.Howard & Co. and invites one to "write for information and prices of models available". I also had the following clock order form from the same rough time period that was apparently an insert in one of the Mart issues.

December 31, 2006, 18:48
Jerry Treiman
The back side of the advertisement shows the No.10 that Sheila's plaque accompanied.

January 03, 2007, 00:30
Sheila Gilbert
BOY! will you look at those posts!

Great stuff here. I missed this because of my trip to Myrtle Beach, and hey, look at the # 10 clock!!!!!! I like it!!! A BUNCH!!!

I would so like to get it to the owner of the clock, I feel it belongs with the one who has the clock. If anyone knows of the owner, let me know.

Thanks for all the information guys, this is so cool.

Sheila