Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

E Howard Plaque (need information) "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Hi,
I purchased a Seth Thomas watch, and the seller included a plaque with it from E Howard & Co.

Since Clint mentioned that the other one listed by the same seller was a Clock plaque, I thought I would list it here for you to see, and tell me about it if you can.

I says:

E. Howard & Co.
Purchaser Vernon L. Woodrum
Address Hudson Ohio
Model No. 10
Serial No. 71
Purchased July 6, 1976
Completed Nov. 8, 1976
Final Inspection November 12, 1976
E. Howard & Co.
D J Blackwell Chief Engineer

Sheila

E Howard Plaquew

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
That is a plaque from one of the Howard "Re-issues"
Note the purchase date in 1976.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
If anyone has access to the issues of the Mart from the mid-1970's they might be able to find an announcement of the availability of the Howard "re-issues" for sale and points of contact for purchase.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
I saved the Bulletins from then. but not the Marts. I had one of re-issues, and wished I hadn't had to part with it.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Hello Sheila,

Check with the library - they might have saved old Marts. You know that timing was 1976-1978.

You might consider selling the plaque on ebay the person who own # 71 would really like to have the original sales plaque...

Andy Dervan

Posts: 53 | Location: Grosse Pointe, Michigan USA | Registered: March 07, 2004
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
I used to have all of my old marts, but a few years ago pared it down to one or two from each year. With a quick look I found a front page ad in the July 1977 Mart from Howard Clock Products at 256 Charles St. in Waltham. The ad is more of an announcement for E.Howard & Co. and invites one to "write for information and prices of models available". I also had the following clock order form from the same rough time period that was apparently an insert in one of the Mart issues.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
The back side of the advertisement shows the No.10 that Sheila's plaque accompanied.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
BOY! will you look at those posts!

Great stuff here. I missed this because of my trip to Myrtle Beach, and hey, look at the # 10 clock!!!!!! I like it!!! A BUNCH!!!

I would so like to get it to the owner of the clock, I feel it belongs with the one who has the clock. If anyone knows of the owner, let me know.

Thanks for all the information guys, this is so cool.

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004