Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Some clocks of the Royal Palace in Madrid, Spain "Click" to Login or Register 
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Hello everyone. Not long ago, I was walking through the ostentatious rooms of the Spanish Royal Palace. The King of Spain no longer lives in this Palace. The place is in excellent condition, everything has been maintained like new. A little over the top with gold leave and grandeur, but I thought I should at least pass on a few images of some of the many clocks in the palace.

Posts: 2002 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Another one

Posts: 2002 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
I think I liked this one the best. A little more my style:

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
More:

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
And another:

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
What would you call this style, Rococo?

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
This is the last one I photographed. But they had many more clocks in the Palace. I don't know if they keep them running or not. Dusting alone must be a full time job for several people. A couple of clockmakers would also be necessary if these treasures are kept in working condition.

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Some very ornate clocks indeed!

Thanks for sharing Smile

Posts: 5236 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002