Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Self Winding Wall Clock Model #9 "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1725
posted
Self Winding Wall Clock Model #9

I finally talked my watchmaker out of this clock! I have wanted this in my collection for about 3-5 years. It is in a beautiful oak case Ca. 1910 and is 70" in length. He had this hanging in the room with his antique record and music boxes.

Posts: 376 | Location: Conover, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: July 07, 2012
IHC Member 1725
posted
Carved top crown

Posts: 376 | Location: Conover, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: July 07, 2012
IHC Member 1725
posted
I have the white self winding 14" dial with roman numerals, but I really like this dial that he had on it hanging in his record shop. Notice the carved detail.

IHC Member 1725
posted
Inside the clock with the door open notice the felt lining around the edges to keep the dust out!

IHC Member 1725
posted
Real mercury two tube Pendulum.

IHC Member 1725
posted
Nice engraved key with tassel.

IHC Member 1725
posted
Thanks for looking!

Tim

IHC Member 1725
posted
My favorite!

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Smile Mighty Fine!

Dave Turner

Posts: 1978 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 1725
posted
Hi Dave,

Sorry it took me a few days to get back to you, been busy. I really appreciate your wonderful comments, as always. I also enjoy our phone conversations through the year. You are a great friend!!

The clock has gained two seconds in seven days, not bad!

Best wishes,
Tim

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Wow Tim,

What a truly wonderful item you have there.

Is the dial signature believed to be original? If so, along with the overall design of the clock this may be even earlier than you thought.

My recollection those vials are filled with Mercury to avoid any variation in pendulum length once the clock is properly regulated.

The felt is an interesting seal against dust intrusion.

I am very impressed and congratulate you my friend.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002