Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Does this one look familiar? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi all:

Here is another mystery from my parents' collection. I do not believe it is so very old.
Does anyone know its identity?

Thanks in advance.

Pattye

Posts: 119 | Location: Lookout Mountain, Georgia U.S.A. | Registered: October 14, 2004
posted
Hello Pattye,

How does it wind? Is there a panel that you could look at the movement? Is there a name / country stamped on the movement?

It is difficult to identify without some additional details.

Andy Dervan

Posts: 53 | Location: Grosse Pointe, Michigan USA | Registered: March 07, 2004
posted
Pattye,

Does the clock sit on a desk or mount on the wall? One would assume it winds from the back or electric battery driven.

Posts: 172 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: July 06, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Pattye,
I couldn't find it in any of the books I have. Could you give us a picture of the back?

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Thanks all for your posts:
I guess I am the self-appointed researcher of these "mystery" clocks.

This one is at my brother's and I only have limited information. I have asked him for another photo.
He does not want to remove the back plate, though, since it is running well and keeping good time and he is not an expert on such things.

The dial says Made in USA below the 6. The back says Patented Oct 9, 1901, Oct 22, 1902 and Dec 1906--whatever that indicates. There is no Patent #.

The clock is a one-day wind up with attached key like an alarm clock but it does not alarm. It sits on a table. Seems like a boudoir clock. Perhaps the maker is marked on the movement but there is no indication, otherwise.

It is probably a long-shot to identify this with this limited information. I just had hoped it was familiar to someone.

Thanks a lot.
Pattye

Posts: 119 | Location: Lookout Mountain, Georgia U.S.A. | Registered: October 14, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Pattye,
Many companies made clocks of this type. In Tran's books they are in the "Novelty" clock section. Ansonia had a wide variety of them. I am sure that they are not all in the book. I have looked through the Ansonia, Gilbert, Seth Thomas, Ingraham books and did not find any match. However, I will keep an eye out and I have some other books to look through.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Thanks Tom,

I, also, had checked some of the novelty clock listings but with no success. If you find it, please let me know. I really appreciate your endeavors on this board!
Pattye