• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Sessions Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
My wife just inherited a Sessions Mantel Clock from her Great-grandfather. From other posts, I can tell you that this clock has a case like that of the Grand No. 2, but the etched glass is like that of a Grand No. 1 or No. 3. It has a gold tone dial face with SESSIONS written on it and what I think is an alarm dial in the middle. The alarm half bell looks to be disconnected. We know her aunt had it serviced in late 2008 or early 2009 and it seems to keep very good time. We are trying to determine the age of this clock. Thanks for any information you may have.

Sessions Clock

Posts: 2 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: November 25, 2009
Picture of Greg Reeves
posted
yes it does have an alarm. Usually a wire extends from a "wire loop" on the alarm mechanism up to a "trip lever" attached to the movement behind the dial.

greg

Posts: 497 | Location: Genoa, New York U.S.A. | Registered: November 06, 2003
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
It looks like a Grand # 2 made in 1915 according to Tran Duy Ly. It looks like the same case, and is 22 3/4" high by 10" wide. I'm looking at it in his Sessions Clocks book and its pictured without alarm and the glass is different from yours. The alarm and stork glass could have been an option.

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
posted
Thanks for the info. Would it be possible to email me the page you are referring to

Posts: 2 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: November 25, 2009