• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ithaca calendar clock suspension. "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Does anyone have a closeup or a drawing of the suspension that doesn,t use the suspension spring.
It seems to be something like a cuckoo clock just made of wires.

Thanks

Allison

Posts: 10 | Location: New Brunswick in Canada | Registered: April 15, 2012
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Can you post a picture of yours?

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
That's the problem, I do not have any at all . I just have the pin that the verge goes on and a verge that I got from the Time Savers I did see some pictures and it looked like a cuckoo escapement, but there was not enough for me to see how it is attached This movement is an EN Welch movement made for the Ithaca calander clock co. There isn,t any pin and not enough room to use a spring suspension.

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
If your clock is similar to this one, it give a pretty good picture of what the suspension spring (wire) looks like. Welch clock movement
Scroll down to the first picture on the right. Not sure where you could buy one of these, but looks fairly easy to fabricate.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Is this it?

Dave Turner

posted
Thanks Dave, that image is similar, I will try to send a image with the proper suspension , It is hard to make out how it is made,

posted
I would like to see what is under the tab that is held on by one screw. in otherwise I would like to see the suspension dissembled in it,s individual parts.

Thanks Allison

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Sounds like you have this type verge.
verge assembly And if so that part slides on a post protruding from the frame. and the same post would accommodate a u shaped saddle spring wire which carries the leader down to the pendulum. Wish I could find a picture but so far have only seen one or two examples on ebay. But they don't show it in detail.
And I am speculating some as I've never seen a clock with this type mechanism.

Dave Turner

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Pretty good picture here. Might try these folks.
Welch clock

Dave Turner

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Here's a pretty good picture!

Dave Turner

posted
Hi Dave , thanks for the nice picture, I should be able to make a suspension from the image. It is strange I also found the same picture and was going to post it, but you beat me to the draw.
Thanks Allison

posted
Hi Dave, I was able to make a suspension from the picture I had to change the scale as the picture was larger than the works. It has been running several days, now I have to make it keep time, as I also do not have the pendulum. that belongs to the clock .
Thanks, Allison

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
All right! Glad you're making progress. I did see a picture of that movement with the pendulum. If you need it.

Dave Turner

posted
Thanks Dave, the pendulum for this clock 3 1/5 calendar clock has a glass disk and hangs in front of the movement and is visible in front of the bottom dial (the date hand), it will be a challenge, but I will try. It never hurts to have another picture of the pendulum.

Allison

posted
I guess I did not have the right name of this clock. It is called an Ithaca three and one half inch Parlour perpetual clock. I think that is correct.

Allison

posted
Here is a picture of my clock

Allison