Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Info needed:) "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Frank Wilson
posted
Can anyone give me any info on the maker or age of this Clock

Posts: 174 | Location: La Quinta, California USA | Registered: February 25, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Frank,
The link says that this listing is no longer available.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Frank Wilson
posted
Thanks Tom fixed.

Posts: 174 | Location: La Quinta, California USA | Registered: February 25, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Wow, Frank, that is a beauty. Unfortunately I don't have the information you need, but hopefully someone else will have it for you.

Great clock!

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
Vienna tall case for commercial use. 30 day movement looks like a 8 inch dial. Bezel is incorrect should be spun brass. Larry Zellen had these made 20 years ago and people added these to clocks to increase the value of the clock.Case finish looks in need of cleaning off the old varnish...hope its not modern but of the period...easier to remove. Maker is not known and could be the store owner who purchased the clock. Movement is a nice 30 day with a meter pendulum.Nice regulator. This type goes very reasonable price wise and is in the altdeutsch style case....note it is likely missing its crest. The wall versions go for more then the floor versions.

Posts: 287 | Location: Westlake, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: January 11, 2004
Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
Clock was made last quarter 19th century in Vienna

Posts: 287 | Location: Westlake, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: January 11, 2004
Picture of Frank Wilson
posted
Thank you for the info. I looked this clock over a little more when I weighted and measured it for shipping and it was originally a wall clock and can still be hung. The owner bought the clock over thirty years ago from a antique dealer in Vienna