Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Clock Cases Made By Members? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
After reading an article in Popular Woodworking about Erastus Rude, who was a craftsman of clock cases, I was wondering how many Chapter 185 members build clock cases? And if any Chapter 185 members would post photo's of clock cases they have made? Thanks

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Wayne, I hope you are still active.

I do make clock cases and put new or movements I have cleaned and fixed into them. I use Oak, birds eye maple, purple and yellow heart and walnut.

This one is walnut.

Posts: 93 | Location: Frisco, Texas in the USA | Registered: August 29, 2006
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Absolutely beautiful workmanship!

Let's see some more. Cool

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Richard
Beautiful workmanship......Thanks

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
I recall Peter Bourne made a very nice tall case for an old movement.

HERE is the link to a previous discussion in the "Time on my Hands" section.

Richard,
Very nice job on yours. A beautiful clock.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Peter Bourne certainly did a great job on his tall clock. It does take time to do it right and his is gorgeous.

Thanks for sharing that.

Rick

Posts: 93 | Location: Frisco, Texas in the USA | Registered: August 29, 2006