Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Visiting a few clocks in France "Click" to Login or Register 
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
More than a year ago, we went to France for a couple of weeks. Here are some clock images of interest:

There is plenty of clock envy to be found in the palace in Versailles!

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Fantastic clock from the back;

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Fit for a king!

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
I couldn't go to Versailles without my WWI pilot's watch. The dial says it's from Allion of Versailles.

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
When my good friend JY heard about my trip, he graciously invited my wife and I to stay at his place up in the Alsace. So we took a train up north. Here I'm visiting with JY in his basement workshop. His wife complained about how messy it was, but she assent seen how messy my basement workshop is! Naturally, I felt right at home.

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Basel Switzerland was only a 20 minuet drive from JY's place, so we spend an afternoon there. Unfortunately, the shops selling vintage watches were closed by then. But it was fun anyway.

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Latter on, we visited Claude Monet's home and gardens in Giverny, France. Here, I noticed a Marblier clock. Seeing an image of this clock with a painted case really annoyed JY. He is an expert regarding these clocks and said the cases were never painted like that! I was able to learn many things about French clocks.