• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Sessions Kitchen Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
This is a Sessions that I recently restored. It had been painted with an ugly brown enamel when I found it. It also had a broken strike spring which opened the case side when it went.
After much scrubbing and wire brushing and a coat of polyurethane this is the result.
The works were overhauled also.
Does anyone happen to know what model this one is?

Joe

Posts: 450 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: October 10, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Joseph,

This is the "GRAND #3" - 1915.

You did a great job with the restoration. You must be very pleased with the results.

Thanks for posting it. You wouldn't have a "before" picture would you?

The pictures of clocks with that glass have the reverse image. Is the painted side of yours to the inside of the case?

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Tom,
I have questions about the image. I have never seen another one reversed like this. I just rechecked to be sure that the image was inside and it is. It appears to be from a stencil and I guess the stencil could be used from either side. Perhaps the worker was hung-over.
I found a replacement glass listed on page 78 of the current Timesavers catalog which is reversed from this one and on page 85 they list a decal that has the same orientation as this one but once it is applied it would reverse also.
I seem to have a knack for coming up with controversal clocks. I showed a Hamburg American wall clock on the green board and some said that it had been altered. It hasn't.
I am sorry that I did not take before pictures. In the future I will make sure I do so.

Joe

Posts: 450 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: October 10, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Joseph,
the reverse stencil seems to make sense. That is what I wanted to find out. I have not seen an example of a reversed image, but imagine that it was easy to do and probably happened.

Here is the page from Tran's Sessions book showing your clock, and one with a reverse image glass. All of the ones in the catalogue that had your glass had them as shown in this picture.

Interesting. Thanks for the post and your comments.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Thanks Joseph for the nice picture of your kitchen clock, nice job restoring it.
I too should take before pictures when i restore a clock. Smile