• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Seth Thomas Regulator No.70 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I am restoreing a ST. No.70 I need a movement for it. It was made with a No.68 movement, and a 14" dial. As we all no they are hard to find. I would like to put a No.68 back in it but, If anyone knows of another movement that will work please let me no. This movement was a time only and weight driven. The case is 55 1/2" tall, 18 1/2" wide and 71/2" deep. Thx Jerry.

Posts: 3 | Location: Bangor, Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: March 10, 2012
posted
GREETINGS JERRY, THE MOVEMENT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS MARKED 383-68, IT OF COURSE IS A 60 BEAT MOVEMENT ALSO IT HAS JEWELLED PALLETS. THOSE MOVEMENTS ARE SOMEWHAT RARE BUT YOU MAY BE ABLE TO FIND ONE. EDDIE

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008
posted
GREETING'S to you also Eddie, I hope you had a good holiday. I have been looking all over for one, but as of now nothing yet. I know it will take time. I'm planing a trip to Merritts clock shop in Douglessville Pa. within the next few weeks. Perhaps I'll find something there. Thank you for the reply and the info. I will keep looking. Have a good day. Jerry

Posts: 3 | Location: Bangor, Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: March 10, 2012
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
hi Jerry : This is on eBay right now,and I think it's the movement and weight that you need,I was tempted to buy it but I have more than enough uncompleted 1/2 projects Wink

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAP...ADME:B:WNARL:CA:1123

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 250
Picture of Sam Hansen
posted
I have this Seth Thomas one weight movement with hands, I couldn't find any markings on it.

Posts: 425 | Location: Washington State, Northwest USA | Registered: May 13, 2003
IHC Member 250
Picture of Sam Hansen
posted
side view

Posts: 425 | Location: Washington State, Northwest USA | Registered: May 13, 2003
IHC Member 250
Picture of Sam Hansen
posted
back view