• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Set Thomas No. 4 Doric "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a Seth Thomas No. 4 Doric bronze clock. It is pictured on page 599 of Tran Duy Ly’s Seth Thomas Clocks & Movements Third Edition – Volume 2. When I purchased it there was a German movement in it. I have the original Seth Thomas 15 day movement that would have been in the clock. I am looking for a picture of how the movement would have been mounted in the clock. I can post pictures if needed.

Posts: 353 | Location: Nichols, New York in the USA | Registered: April 04, 2010
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Pictures would be helpful for watch people like myself to understand what you are talking about.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
ST-Doric Dial & Bezel Front

Posts: 353 | Location: Nichols, New York in the USA | Registered: April 04, 2010
posted
ST-Doric Dial & Bezel Back
As you can see this plate has been really hacked up by mounting a replacement movement to it.

posted
ST-Doric Original movement.
This is the type of movement that was originally i the clock. I would think that the platewas drilled for mounting to the holes that are at 9:30, 6, and 2.

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
that is the position of the holes on my 120F Seth Thomas movement. My bezel is 4 1/2" and center right is the post from the movement plate to the dial plate

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009