• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Seth no. 2.5 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
OK so sorry to all you purists that don't like this but I needed a clock by the door here and always wanted a No. 2 but refused to spend the money for one. I also had a stack of old 0ak that came from a window sill redo. I couldn't figure out the round surround so I made it 12 sided. A replica movement keeps very good time. It has an original pendulum bob. Had to show someone.

Posts: 124 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: May 27, 2009
posted
Michael wonderful job! I take my hat off to you! Looks just beautiful

Ethan

Posts: 13 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri in the USA | Registered: August 15, 2010
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
How in the name of the last 12 Presbyterian saints did you build a 12 sided door?? Eek
Well done and a nice looking 1 of a kind clock Big Grin

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
With twelve joints and some help from the above mentioned twelve saints perhaps.
Anyways, a very nice work.
Regards
Krister

Posts: 375 | Location: Backaryd, Sweden | Registered: April 19, 2009
posted
Thanks for your kind remarks, Yes it was a little difficult. Mike

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
One question Michael,on your beautiful clock. How long does it run? I ask because the weight looks too long for it to give an eight day drop !! Confused

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
posted
I hadn't noticed the way that looks in the photo, Tom. Actually the weight is 6 1/4 inches tall and the clock runs right at 8 days.

posted
Here's what it looks like inside. I don't know how the first photo elongated the weight. The back board is curly mahogany.

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Michael; in the last picture I can see that it is the perfect size,looks like a #2 regulator weight, sure as heck looked different and longer in the other picture in fact ,against the 4 1/2 inch bob it looked 10"-11" tall. Occasionally the camera sees things a bit differently than the human eye does ,as the first picture clearly shows LOLOLOL Eek
P.S. it looks like a cross between a #2 and a Seth Thomas #3 Regulator so Seth 2.5 Regulator is a pretty good description