Internet Horology Club 185
Clock opinions and suggestions

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9886029761/m/7923958097

December 21, 2017, 10:36
Steve Middlesworth
Clock opinions and suggestions
So here is the laydown, my sister-in-law enjoys doing this form of art work on various types of media from canvas, clay tile, and even plywood board. In this case, it is a 12” x 12” piece of quarter inch ply wood. She cranks these things out because she enjoys doing it but really has no idea what to do with them after they’re done. You can only have so many of these pieces in your house. So I suggested to her that maybe putting a clock face on it with a movement and seeing how that works. I was then volunteered to undertake this endeavor. So here is the finished product. I was wondering what you clock connoisseurs thought about this design as well as maybe another source for hands and movements. The stuff here came from combination of Michael’s art store and ClockIt for the movement and hands. I made the frame so it can sit on a shelf or mantel or be hung on a wall. Your help and opinions would be sincerely appreciated

December 21, 2017, 18:43
Mike Benda
Steve
I always like this old thread from 2003:
The places an artist could go with it this idea.
Time is color

Mike
December 26, 2017, 10:40
Buster Beck
It looks very nice indeed Steve.

regards,
bb
December 26, 2017, 20:50
Gary E. Cochran
Like it...
December 27, 2017, 09:49
Steve Middlesworth
Thanks guys, I appreciate you comments. Here is another one I just finished, it was done on canvas. I am now working on a wall version that is done on a circular disk, I’ll post when it’s done.

January 07, 2018, 09:21
Steve Middlesworth
Here is a wall mounted creation.

January 08, 2018, 08:42
Buster Beck
This round one has a lot of eye pop and would appeal to a lot of varied peoples.

regards,
bb
January 08, 2018, 21:38
Steve Middlesworth
Thanks Buster, I’m preparing two more of these round ones for the s-i-l to paint. It’s like a box of chocolate.....you never know what you’ll get.
January 11, 2018, 00:29
David E. Booth, Jr.
I like the round one best, but I think that is because there is good contrast between the hands and number pips and the background color. I think the darker ones would be improved by using white pips and hands. Just a thought.
January 11, 2018, 07:56
Dr. Debbie Irvine

Steve,

I do agree with David's suggestion on the color contrast.

And like Buster, I too like the round clock one that you did.

Smile