Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Unknown clock? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Paul Anderson
posted
I have a clock here that looks to be from the thirties, and needs replacement mainsprings for the going and strike trains. The only identifying mark is the letters DGRM stamped into the back of the plate along with a number.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

---
Paul Anderson
NAWCC Member #156973

Posts: 6 | Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 25, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Hi Paul, Nice to see you back!! Hope all is going well for you!
D.G.R.M is a German trademard:Reichs Gebrauchs Musterschutz Deutches. I'm not sure if that is a company name or if it just indicates that it was made in Germany.

Got any pictures?

Tom Seymour
NAWCC #41293
IHC #104
IHC Exec.V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Paul Anderson
posted
Things have been pretty busy for me. I've got a job in London, Ontario now, doing telephone tech support for computersFrown

I'm going to see if I can get you a picture of the clock. It's a napoleon hat type mantle clock, with no name on the dial at all.

---
Paul Anderson
NAWCC Member #156973

Posts: 6 | Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 25, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Sounds interesting! I'll be watching for the picture.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC #41293
IHC #104
IHC Exec.V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hi, Yes German, There's loads around in England,
Mostly German, some English, but don't fetch much in auctions. Same old story supply and demand. All the best Ged.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003