Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ansonia General Railroad Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1753
posted
Just put this on the wall. 68-inch tall railroad clock, time-only movement. Oak case, c1890?. Marked "Ansonia General" on the back. D&RG markings, Denver, CO. Looks like a museum piece.

Posts: 59 | Location: Colorado in the USA | Registered: November 24, 2012
IHC Member 1753
posted
Dial close-up.

IHC Member 1613
posted
WOW Andy that's a real beauty...

Posts: 2006 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1725
posted
Hold on Andy, let me wipe the drool from my chin. That is one Gorgeous clock!!!!
Tim

Posts: 376 | Location: Conover, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: July 07, 2012
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
Deluxe! what a beautiful clock.

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
C.1886.
Great clock

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Man, that's one fine clock. First one I ever saw!

Check this out, and this info is dates back to 2003!:

http://www.antiqueclockspriceg...ls.php?clockid=20560
http://www.antiqueclockspriceg...ls.php?clockid=19747

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 1753
posted
Thanks for the comments & information. To me, this is a work of art. So far keeping time to the second & I haven't touched it. I like the little wind-up weights, nice touch.

Andy

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
just a complete beauty, and for sure as nice as they come !!! Any idea what station it is out of??
Eek

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
Picture of Dave Turner
posted

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
Andy, are there any markings on the case that would indicate where it came from.

This is a Tourist Timetable as opposed to an employee timetable but has the station names.

More reading than you need on the Denver & Rio Grande

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
IHC Member 1753
posted
Thanks for the info.
Lorne, I did forward pics to the D&RGW website.
While there are two original factory stickers on the clock, there is no indication where it may have been located. I'll see if I can learn more.
Thanks.
Andy

posted
It really is a beautiful clock. I have one that I think is in mahogany. On mine however, the bottom piece was removed and someone made a 34 inch base for it transforming it into a floor clock. One of my projects is to convert it back into a wall clock.

Posts: 353 | Location: Nichols, New York in the USA | Registered: April 04, 2010
posted
A picture of my Ansonia General set up as a floor clock

Posts: 353 | Location: Nichols, New York in the USA | Registered: April 04, 2010
IHC Member 1736
posted
Beautiful, what a wonderful piece of RR history.

Posts: 2032 | Location: San Diego, California in the USA | Registered: August 30, 2012
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Nice Ansonia Railroad clock from the Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad or as the hobos used to call it "Dirty Ragged & Going West"

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002