Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ansonia Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Jack Davis
posted
Although I am primarily a pocketwatch guy, my wife and I have picked up a couple of clocks along the way that we really enjoy. I was hoping to glean a little more information from the experienced clock collectors about this one.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jwdavis1112001/lst?.dir=/Ansonia+Clock&.view=t

On the works it says Ansonia Clock Co. USA New York, Patented June 18, 1882. Thanks!

Jack

Posts: 208 | Location: Elgin, Illinois USA | Registered: November 30, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Jack,
Very sharp looking clock!
I haven't located your model in the catalogues yet. I did however find some elements of your clock. The dial is called American Sash. The picture below shows one of the decorative elements found on your clock. this picture was in the 1895 catalogue.

I'll keep looking.
Cambridge

NAWCC #41293
Internet Horology Chapter #104
IHC Exec.V.P.

[This message was edited by Tom Seymour on February 06, 2003 at 20:52.]

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Jack Davis
posted
Tom,
Thanks! I should have mentioned that the case is metal and the dial appears to be paper rather than metal or porcelain.

I ran across this quite by accident. I went to what I thought would be a pretty low-rent auction based on previous experience and there was this clock in the middle of the table.

Only one other bidder had any interest in it so it went pretty low. Smile

Jack

Posts: 208 | Location: Elgin, Illinois USA | Registered: November 30, 2002