Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Let's see everyones signs. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Greg Reeves
posted
This is an off-spin from "J.Bruce's" comments on the post..."Street Clock"

Here's my sign. It looks the same on both sides...looks like I need new batteries as it was about 5:50pm when I took the photo. Eek

Posts: 497 | Location: Genoa, New York U.S.A. | Registered: November 06, 2003
posted
I found this at a Mart some years ago and my wife had it framed for me. Somehow it fits.
I could not let your post go to the bottom of the pile without at least one response.
Best Regards,
Dick

Posts: 311 | Location: Berthoud, Colorado USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
Picture of Greg Reeves
posted
Thanks Dick, here's my favorite saying:

He who has a timepiece knows the exact time.

He with two timepieces is unsure.

posted
Hi Greg,
The picture of the kid reminded me of an incident about 40 years ago. My father in law collected and restored old clocks. There was a kid in his neighborhood that would sit and watch him for hours. I guess he deceided that he would try his hand at repairing an old alarm clock. There was a knock on the door and when my father in law answered it there was the kid with a handfull of parts. He just held the parts out and said "Mr. Bill something slipped!"

Posts: 450 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: October 10, 2004
posted
Here's a picture of my clock with the sign. I also posted it under the discussion thread "Street Clock". The dial does not light up. It is a Herman Miller primarily design for inside use, but says, "it can be used in MOST outdoor locations" (define most?).

Mine has been working OK this winter so far though it uses up "AA" batteries twice a year.(Yeah, it has two quartz movements). You can see the simple sign. We have residential business limitations and signage is to be kept unobtrusive (meaning under 2 SF) and non-illuminated.

Posts: 179 | Location: Charlotte, Michigan U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Nice one Bruce. My clock, like yours, has also done well on the front porch this winter.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Greg Reeves
posted
I like these...guess I'll have to get one!

posted
Who's going to North Coast? See you there!

Posts: 179 | Location: Charlotte, Michigan U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2004