Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Info/Value-Int'l Time Clock? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Mark Nathanson
posted
My friend sent me this picture. Does anyone know anything about this clock. Any idea on value. He didn't want or know how to look for make. I did a search and found out info on clock. Was this clock part of a time clock. Are there things missing? Does it look to be original? The pics I saw had International Time on the dial. Help appreciated, thanks.

Posts: 206 | Location: Northern New York USA | Registered: January 06, 2006
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
I don't know the answer, but I have another question. Big Grin

I went to an auction a few days ago and they had an International clock that I think you would call a slave. I don't believe it actually had a clock movement, but needed a signal from a master clock. Would that wall clock have been part of a system using the clock in the picture in Mark's message above?

Andy

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002
posted
International Time Recorder was a precursor to Big Blue, IBM. The clock in the picture appears to be only the top half of a complete recorder.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
That is what I thought when looking at pictures. Would this clock work now as a clock? Did it need the bottom half to run as a clock? Thanks for the replies.

posted
Probably not, as the lower part was for stamping time on cards. However, you do need a pendulum, and I don't see one.

Norman Bliss

Posts: 153 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: December 18, 2005
posted
Here are pictures of a couple used on the Santa Fe RR that show the recording mechanism in the base.

Norman

Posts: 153 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: December 18, 2005
posted
The clocks will run without the lower mechanism. My Dad had one 35 or so years ago that someone had butchered and cut the bottom part of the case away just below the door and then put a hideous top piece on it. He sold or traded it for something else not long after he got it. I bought a complete clock later and kept it for 25 years or so. The shaft that drives the bottom mechanism from the clock movement was missing so I wrote a letter to IBM and one of their engineers sent me a sketch of what the shaft looks like. I had asked about price information and he told me what the clock would have cost in the 1920's when it was built; they were not cheap. I kept the letter with the clock and it went to the new owner when I sold it in 2000-2001.

posted
John, thanks for the info. Can I ask what you sold it for. I would like to get an idea on what just the top is worth. Appreciated.

posted
I'm sorry, I don't remember what I sold the clock for; it was in a group of things I sold including a pump organ and stool.

posted
Question-After looking at these pics, the pendulum looks longer than the top case that the guy is working on. Is that the story with this clock?

posted
Mark....I have the smaller version of this clock. The pendulum hangs off a cast iron mounting plate, near the top...Looks like the guy is un-hooking it with his left hand to remove. The rating or swing indicator is a good judge of where the bob should be in the case....I'd guess value of these is between $350/$650 depending on wind indicators, punch mech and condition.....

Posts: 111 | Location: Sellersville, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: December 24, 2002
posted
What do you think the possibities are of finding the lower part of this clock? If it could be done, where could you go about finding the missing piece? Appreciated, thanks.