Internet Horology Club 185
Best antique clock book for beginners?

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9886029761/m/7353930757

December 27, 2010, 23:59
Donald Hawes
Best antique clock book for beginners?
I would like to find a good antique clock book for beginners. Any recommendations? (I have a Barnes & Noble gift card to burn!)
December 28, 2010, 18:17
Tom Brunton
fist of all what types of clock are you interested in. There are specific clock type books and generic type books.There are general price catalogues and in depth type studies on types such as
Banjos,Willards,etc. and clock books on certain geographic areas such as Massachusets,Connecticut,& Canadian and a thousand other local area publications for sure. Eek Fill us in more on what you like and want to collect and I'm sure the members will advise you well and truly, best of the season,Tom (as an example I like railroad clocks Big Grin
December 28, 2010, 23:18
Donald Hawes
I guess I am looking for a general book that may include mantle, wall and grandfather clocks. Is there something like the Complete Price Guide to Watches by Gilbert, Engle and Shugart?
December 28, 2010, 23:43
Bill Carlson
Don,
This book is probably the closest match to what your looking for, but its was published in 1985. This is from Amazon.com and unavailable at the present. It has over 550 pages, in the same format of the Complete Price Guide of Watches. Also, don't over look Tran Duy Ly's books on the different well known clock companies. They are pricy but good.

Bill Carlson
December 29, 2010, 22:31
Donald Hawes
Thanks Bill. Happy New Year!