Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Best antique clock book for beginners? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Donald Hawes
posted
I would like to find a good antique clock book for beginners. Any recommendations? (I have a Barnes & Noble gift card to burn!)

Posts: 345 | Location: Racine, Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2010
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
fist of all what types of clock are you interested in. There are specific clock type books and generic type books.There are general price catalogues and in depth type studies on types such as
Banjos,Willards,etc. and clock books on certain geographic areas such as Massachusets,Connecticut,& Canadian and a thousand other local area publications for sure. Eek Fill us in more on what you like and want to collect and I'm sure the members will advise you well and truly, best of the season,Tom (as an example I like railroad clocks Big Grin

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
Picture of Donald Hawes
posted
I guess I am looking for a general book that may include mantle, wall and grandfather clocks. Is there something like the Complete Price Guide to Watches by Gilbert, Engle and Shugart?

Posts: 345 | Location: Racine, Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2010
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Don,
This book is probably the closest match to what your looking for, but its was published in 1985. This is from Amazon.com and unavailable at the present. It has over 550 pages, in the same format of the Complete Price Guide of Watches. Also, don't over look Tran Duy Ly's books on the different well known clock companies. They are pricy but good.

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
Picture of Donald Hawes
posted
Thanks Bill. Happy New Year!